An important and timely undertaking, this medical history project aims to preserve and present the people, ideas and devices instrumental in the innovation and realization of artificial organs.
Project Bionics' mission is:
- To recognize individual and corporate contributions to artificial organ history;
- To identify the pioneers and their contributions to improved quality and length of life;
- To document the experiences of scientists, engineers, clinicians and patients developing
and using artificial organs;
- To link these past accomplishments to present and future developments;
- To encourage education, scholarship, and research on artificial organ history.