Mason Archival Repository Service

Browsing George Mason University 40th Anniversary Exhibition by Title

Browsing George Mason University 40th Anniversary Exhibition by Title

Sort by: Order: Results:

  • GMU Archives Special Collections & Archives (2005-04-06)
    Photograph of one of the buildings on the Ravensworth Farm property. A caption on the back of the original reads: “Romanesque Barn to be Converted for Classroom Use.” George Mason University Facilities Planning
  • Darden, Colgate W. (Colgate Whitehead), 1897-1981 (2005-04-13)
    Letter from University of Virginia President, Colgate W. Darden, Jr., to J.N.G. Finley, Director of Northern Virginia Center (and University College). This letter, in which Darden thanks Finley for mailing him a news ...
  • GMU Archives Special Collections & Archives (2005-04-06)
    Photograph of the Library in the Bailey’s Crossroads building. George Mason University Public Relations Photographs 1960 – 1972
  • GMU Archives Special Collections & Archives (2005-04-20)
    Photograph of participants at GMC dedication. Dedication ceremony took place directly in front of North Building (today’s Finley Building). Note United States Marine Corps Band to the left rear of the platform. George ...
  • GMU Archives Special Collections & Archives (2005-04-20)
    GMC’s new Director, Robert H. Reid (center) as he speaks with State Senator Charles Fenwick (in foreground) and Building Superintendent, Richard Best at right as they stand at the entrance of North Building (today’s Finley ...
  • Saunders and Pearson, Architects; Anderson, Beckwith & Haible, Consulting Site Engineers; Holland Engineering; Paul L. Gerringer & Accociates; Fortune Engineering Associates (1960-08-01)
    In June 1959 UVa hired the architectural firm Joseph Saunders & Associates of Alexandria to produce a plan for the construction of George Mason College. The firm’s August 1960 report presented the entire concept of the ...
  • GMU Archives Special Collections & Archives (2005-04-06)
    Photograph of Ravensworth Farm. The University of Virginia’s Board of Visitors rejected the offer of this property for fear of possible noise pollution from a planned nearby airport. This image was part of promotional ...
  • GMU Archives Special Collections & Archives (2005-04-06)
    Photograph of Director J.N.G. Finley and some of the key persons from Town of Fairfax who, at the last minute, helped acquire the Farr property in 1958, securing a permanent home for George Mason University. This sign was ...
  • GMU Archives Special Collections & Archives (2005-04-06)
    Photostatic reproduction of first page of title deed to original 150 acres. George Mason University Facilities Planning
  • GMU Archives Special Collections & Archives (2005-04-06)
    Architect’s rendering of George Mason College’s original four buildings and proposed Lecture Hall from 1960 George Mason College Master Plan by Saunders and Pearson Architects, Alexandria, Virginia, August 1960. George ...

Search MARS


Browse

My Account